FortisBC™’s Current Rates
January 1, 2016 increase
Customers will see a 2.96 per cent increase to take effect January 1. This increase will be approximately $3.81 per month more for the average residential electricity customer.
Bi-monthly Residential Service:
- Customer Charge $31.23 based on 60 day billing period.
- First 1,600 kWh are billed @ 9.845¢ per kWh.
- Additional kWh are billed @ 15.198¢ per kWh.
Small Commercial Service:
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally not more than 40 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $37.76 based on 60 day billing period.
- All kWh are billed @ 9.921¢ per kWh.
This rate is for non-residential customers whose electrical demand is generally greater than 40 kW but less than 500 kW and can be supplied through one meter.
- Customer Charge $16.04 based on 30 day billing period.
- Demand Charge of $8.37 per kW of billing demand above 40 kW
- First 8000 kWh are billed @ 8.430¢ per kWh.
- Balance of kWh are billed @ 6.998¢ per kWh.